Zika-free destinations

10 Breathtaking Zika-Free Destinations

10 Breathtaking Zika-Free Destinations

Pregnant? Trying to conceive? Maybe you have baby-making on your potential roadmap for the next year? If you’re planning on taking a vacation anytime soon, beware.  Maybe you want to find a tropical honeymoon hot spot or a warm destination for a babymoon. Or just want to get that last trip in before the life-altering event that is parenting lands in your lap. Unfortunately, the most common tropical countries and places are hot spots for the … Read More

toddler mealtimes

4 Basic Rules for a Stress-Free Toddler Mealtime

4 Basic Rules for a Stress-Free Toddler Mealtime

Every evening, we dine together as a family.  While some parenting experts advise avoiding the evening meal as the family meal when your children are still small, this has always been an important tradition for us, perhaps passed down from Ryan and I’s generation.  But up until recently, we could see that dinner time was not exactly conducive to a harmonic dining experience.  Our usually well- behaved 2.5 year old would be throwing food, refusing … Read More

work from home with toddler

How to Work from Home with Your Toddler During the COVID-19 Pandemic

How to Work from Home with Your Toddler During the COVID-19 Pandemic

Our daughter Poppy is 3, and, like most of the world, we’ve been practicing some mild self-isolation and social distancing over the past few days.  That means the whole thing: no daycare, working from home, and playdates on lockdown.  I’ve been working from home for remote companies for the past five years, and I have a great system.  95% of the time, my toddler is in daycare during working hours. The other 5% is when … Read More

7 weeks pregnant symptoms

7 Weeks Pregnant: Symptoms + Weekly Update

7 Weeks Pregnant: Symptoms + Weekly Update

7 weeks pregnant!  This is the week we told some of our friends that we were expecting. While we were still in the miscarriage risk danger zone, we’d seen the little bean twice on an ultrasound and the one during this week we saw a strong, healthy heartbeat.  We felt safe doing so, especially to our friends and family members who would notice something was up. It was the holidays after all, and I’m not … Read More